Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council.
2 tablespoons chili infused olive oil*
1 tablespoon butter
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 baguette, sliced thickly
Fontina cheese, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Add oil and butter to a large sauté pan, melting the butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms, garlic, oregano and cook for approximately 4 to 5 minutes
- Season with salt and ground black pepper. Add wine. Reduce heat and cook until liquid has reduced. Using a slotted spoon transfer mushrooms to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Lightly dip baguette slices into mushroom liquid. Transfer to baking sheet and cook until golden and toasted.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the mushroom mixture on each baguette slice. Top with a slice of Fontina. Return the bruschetta to the oven and cook just until cheese has melted, 1 to 2 minutes
- Garnish with additional oregano, if desired.
Makes 10 servings.
*Or use regular olive oil with a dash of cayenne pepper.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Mushroom Council.